keskiviikko 21. marraskuuta 2012

A Week without internet?

Hi my lovely readers!
On Wednesday the 13th of November  I found myself stalking completely random people on Facebook,  I realized that I spend 100% of my free time on computer.  I was falling behind on my school work, my room was super messy and everything in my life was kind of unorganized chaos. I decided to take the bull by the horns and try to live a week without my laptop/internet access. And guess what? I succeeded!!!!! I have to say that I wasn't really sure if I could pull off a week without a computer, but I did, and I am SO proud of myself.
The last time I was a week without a compute/internet in Finland was in 2007, so yeah... Talk about addiction.
Well, so I did it. Was it any good for me? Absolutely! I feel like I changed as a person from what I was week ago, because I actually got some important stuff done! I managed to write 1700 words on my degree work that I have to hand in in two weeks. So 2700/4000 words ain't too bad, because I will keep up the good work!


White chocolate cocoa with friends. *Phone camera quality*

I also baked three sheet of mince pie, cleaned off three huge pen boxes & sharpened the pencils, put up 20 sets of Christmas lights on our backyard with my sister, finished one 400-page book and began reading another book, went to see my grandparents, worked on Saturday in a mall after-renovation-opening-party (& was at school during the weekdays ofc), drilled off a cabinet in my room and replaced it with a nail polish rack full of my OPIs. AHH I feel like I have accomplished a lot in one week!


A crappy picture of the nail polish rack I put up :)

 I highly encourage you guys to try out a no-computer week if you feel miserable or inefficent, this really helped me, even though I struggled a bit at the beginning. If I can do it, you can do! At least try to go a day or two without computer, it's amazing what it can do to you!


Hurray for me!

Now I don't want to go back to my old habit, carrying my laptop around the house with me, of course I can be online daily, but I need to get a priority order: school work and real life challenges come first.
Hope this post inspires some of you :) Have a great day!
xoxo Pauliina

4 kommenttia:

Katariina kirjoitti...

Go Pauliina! :)

Pauliina kirjoitti...

Go Kate :D

Paula kirjoitti...

Kun pääsen täältä kotio niin pitäsköhän munkin olla jonkin aikaa pois koneelta... niiiiiin paljon kaikkea jännää tekemistä suunnitteilla!
Go Pave! 8)

Pauliina kirjoitti...

Kokeile ihmeessä! :)